Free practice times (1) - Laguna Seca.
Friday, 20th July 2007
The session was interrupted due to a collision between rookie Sylvain Guintoli and Pramac d'Antin's Alex Hofmann, which resulted in the German being transported to the medical centre.
1. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 23.410 secs
2. Marco Melandri ITA Honda Gresini (B) 1min 23.597 secs
3. Colin Edwards USA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 23.692 secs
4. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 23.753 secs
5. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 23.754 secs
6. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 23.962 secs
7. Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 24.311 secs
8. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 24.516 secs
9. Alex Barros BRA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP (B) 1min 24.552 secs
10. Roger Lee Hayden USA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 24.584 secs
11. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 24.680 secs
12. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 24.786 secs
13. Makoto Tamada JPN Dunlop Tech 3 Yamaha (D) 1min 25.032 secs
14. Carlos Checa SPA Honda LCR (M) 1min 25.097 secs
15. Shinya Nakano JPN Konica Minolta Honda (M) 1min 25.370 secs
16. Miguel Duhamel USA Honda Gresini (B) 1min 25.550 secs
17. Anthony West AUS Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 25.570 secs
18. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Dunlop Tech 3 Yamaha (D) 1min 25.745 secs
19. Kurtis Roberts USA Team Roberts (M) 1min 26.058 secs
20. Alex Hofmann GER Pramac d'Antin MotoGP (B) 1min 27.751 secs
2006 US Grand Prix:
Pole position: Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki (B) 1min 23.168secs
Fastest lap: Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda (M) 1min 23.333secs
FP2 is gonna be underway in an hour, so those results'll be posted once they're up.
The motorcycle racing community is a tight knit group so I just wanted to also post this here.
This morning in a free practice session at Mallory Park for the 9th round of British Superbikes, Ollie Bridewell crashed in the wet and died shortly after.
He was 21 years old.
He was a great English talent and he was a rising star.
He's going to be sorely missed.